Hey guys! It’s Sloth here today sharing another yummy recipe. This recipe is for all those chocolate lovers because these Brigadeiros are REALLY chocolatey!I found this recipe on a website called Street Smart Brazil. Have fun making these and tell us how they turn out!
Yield: 25 (it really depends on how big you roll the balls)
- 1 can (300 mL) of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of cocoa power
- 2 tbsp (28 g) of butter + more for greasing plate and hands
- chocolate sprinkles
- Put the 2 tbsp of butter in a non-stick saucepan to melt
- Set the stove top temperature to medium-low
- Once the butter’s melted, add the entire can on condensed milk
- To add the cocoa first mix the cocoa into a glass of water until it’s smooth then add it into the pan. You can just add the cocoa without mixing it with water but then it won’t dissolve properly
- Stir with the wooden spoon. It will take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. Keep stirring and make sure you get the Brigadeiro from the sides so it doesn’t burn. As you keep stirring the Brigadeiro will get thicker.
- You will know that the mixture is ready when you divide it in half with the spoon and it stays parted for a few seconds and/or you scoop some of the mixture with the spoon, turn the spoon upside down, and it holds there for an instant before falling back into the pan
- When your Brigadeiro is ready, spread the content of the pan on a plate, that’s greased with butter, and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. The mixture should be nice and firm before rolling it into balls.
- To make the balls, spread a little bit of butter on your hands and fingers. Use a small spoon, scoop some Brigadeiro, put it in your hands, and roll it in a little ball
- Roll the ball in the chocolate sprinkles (colour doesn’t matter, chocolate just looks best. I ran out!) to cover it completely and place your Brigadeiro in a baking cup
- Keep doing this until the entire mixture is finished
- Put Brigadeiros in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes to make them firmer
- Then Enjoy! The Brigadeiros can then be stored in an air tight container.