Hey guys. This is OG Sloth and I’m here today to share another M&M cookie recipe with you guys! This recipe comes from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Chewy M&M Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups (140g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (160g) mini or normal M&Ms
- Using a mixer fixed with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for about 2 minutes on high, until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Fold in the M&Ms. Dough will be thick. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line your baking sheets.
- Roll balls of dough (about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie) and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. You can also press a few M&Ms on top of the cookies for looks.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until very lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft. The cookies may appear undone at this point, but they’ll firm up as they cool. Let cookies cool on a baking sheet for at least 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cover cookies and store at room temperature for up to 1 week. Baked cookies and rolled cookie dough freeze up to 3 months.