Hello everyone! Its S here and I’m sorry I couldn’t post last week! I will be making it up to you by sharing this delicious soft pretzel bites recipe. They’re light, comforting, and perfect for any occasions or get together (especially parties).
Soft Pretzel Bites
Yield: 3-4 dozen’ish’
For the Pretzels:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp active yeast
- 3 Tbsp oil or melted butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt for sprinkling
For the baking soda wash:
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp baking soda
For the egg wash:
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup warm water, yeast and sugar, Mix and let sit until frothy. 5 mins.
- Combine the flour and 3/4 tsp salt in another bowl. Mix well. Add the flour, oil/butter and yeast mixture to a stand mixture and knead into a soft smooth dough. Or Add the yeast mixture to the flour. Add the oil and knead for 4 to 6 minutes to make a smooth dough.
- Spray water on the dough. cover with a towel and let it rise for an hour or until doubled.
- Flatten the dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Cut up strips using a pizza cutter. Roll the strips between your hands if they are uneven. Cut the strips into inch bites or any size and shape :). Place the bites on parchment lined baking sheet, at least a half-inch away from each other.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Make the baking soda wash: Add baking soda to boiling 1/2 cup of water. mix and keep aside.
- Brush the pretzels liberally with warm baking soda wash. Let them sit for 2 minutes. Then slice the tops using knife or kitchen scissors(optional). Meanwhile beat your egg. Brush the pretzels with the egg wash. Sprinkle the salt on the pretzels.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until a nice golden brown color. Serve with your favorite dip