Hi guys. It’s OG Sloth here with you today sharing my favourite recipe. I found this recipe on a blog called Lovin’ from the Oven.The recipe is really easy and it doesn’t even require a mixer! The recipe is great but I think it uses too many M&M’s so I always use 1 cup. I add about ¾ into the recipe and spread the rest on top. Tell us how this recipe turns out in the comments and have fun!
Chewy M&M Cookie Bars
- 2 1/8 cups (265 g) flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup (170 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12oz bag mini (or regular) M&M’s, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil.
- Mix together flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugars together until combined. Stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of M&M’s and put the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s on top and slightly press in.
- Bake until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan, which is about 25-28 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars and enjoy!
-OG Sloth 🙂